Personally I don’t care if we’re naughty or nice. I do care if we’re loving and open to love. That’s the true message of this holiday — a reminder for us to embrace the humanity in one another. As we convey our greetings of the season, let’s reach out with love.
'Tis the season of giving gifts. Let's give love thoughtfully, wisely, and generously. Love is a gift of connection.
- To other people.
- To ourselves.
- To life.
When we give love, we are always better for it. We give nothing away. Love resides in us at the same time as it unites us with others. What’s the alternative?
- Denying we care?
- Denying ourselves joy?
- Denying our true nature?
Love makes us feel vulnerable.
- Love has no logic and offers no security.
- Love is tender and must be delivered with sensitivity.
- Love is sometimes easier to give than to receive; sometimes easier to receive than to give.
Love is the most enduring gift. It gratifies the heart of the giver and may inspire the receiver to act in kind.
- Giving is an act of trust.
- Giving opens us up.
- Giving leaves us feeling radically alive.
Have the best holiday celebration ever — give love. It is in the giving that we receive.