We assume that life is complex and unfathomable. Exactly the opposite is true once we accept some simple truths. They reflect our everyday experiences.
· Life is exquisitely messy — it's rarely neat and orderly.
· Bad things happen. Good things happen.
· Thoughts decide what’s good and what’s bad.
· Thoughts create feelings.
· Thoughts and feelings combine to make up a story.
· We often believe the story.
· Excuses are an irrelevant story.
· Regret is a story about the past.
· Fear is a story about the future.
· There’s no requirement to believe any story.
· The only moment that exists d i s a p p e a r s as it appears.
· Enjoy this moment as it is — we’re powerless to change it.
The present moment is our gift of life. And yes, that gift can disappear without warning. On this Memorial Day weekend we honor those men and women who sacrificed their lives in service of ours.
* * *
P.S. This is my last blog post until Labor Day. Enjoy the summer celebrating every moment of life’s simple truths.